SAFE AND SECURE SHOPPING
At Maïa & Cécile® we are committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring that the information we receive about you is kept safe and secure and used in accordance with the latest applicable laws and regulations. We only collect data that is required to enhance your experience on our website, to respond to your requests, to customize your shopping experience and to communicate with you.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE GATHER ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS?
Information That You Provide: When you register for an account with us, place an order, interact with our digital content on your computer or mobile device or send us an enquiry, we will collect certain information from you. Information stored may include your name, email address, phone and mobile phone numbers, home address, shipping and payment card billing address, IP address and shopping history. We can also observe the times when you access the site and for how long.
Automatic Information: Some information is received and stored automatically whenever you interact with us. Cookies are one example of this type of information. Cookies are a text file that websites send to visiting computers/devices to identify the visiting computer/device. When you enter our site our web server sends a cookie to your device which allows us to recognise your device. We also use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor traffic on our website and how users use our site, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites.
Credit and Debit Card Details: We do not collect or process your credit or debit card details. These are collected and processed by our payment processing services called Shopify Stripe and PayPal. The collection and processing by the payment providers of your credit or debit card details and other personal data are governed by their respective terms and conditions.
KLARNA: In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your contact information for the following purposes only:
- Register you as a user on our website;
- Manage and/or maintain your user account and wish list on our website;
- Process and deliver purchases, returns, etc;
- Communicate with you and provide customer support;
- Let you know about products, promotions and events that might be of special interest to you;
- Record purchases that you have made on our website for accounting, billing, reporting and audit purposes;
- Protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers;
- Enforce our Terms and conditions;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
WHO WE WILL WE SHARE YOUR CUSTOMER INFORMATION WITH?
- Shipping agents – DPD Local and DHL
- Payment gateways – PayPal and Stripe
- Google Analytics
- Newsletter mailout – MailChimp
HOW SECURE IS MY CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
Maïa & Cécile® is committed to maintaining the highest levels of security and protection against fraud. We stay up-to-date with the latest in security technologies to ensure that your credit card information, contact information and shipping/billing information are confidential and safe. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our websites, you do so at your own risk.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
You have the following rights:
- to be informed about how we use and process your data;
- to see to the personal data we hold about you;
- to stop receiving marketing messages from us; and
- to have your data legally deleted from our records (and our partners and affiliates), except where we are legally unable to do so.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you or wish to change your preferences at any time, please contact us at email@example.com. We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information. Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to twenty working days to take effect.